- It is always recommended to perform a two coat color test on a sample of your wood. Cetol Log and Siding is difficult to remove once it has been applied. Before doing a full application make sure that your color selection is correct.
- New Rough-sawn wood should be dry-brushed using a brush with stiff bristles to remove loose dirt and fibers.
- Weathered wood affected with blue fungi or rust from nails may be treated after the surface preparation by applying X-189 Weathered Wood Restorer. This solution should be allowed to sit on the affected areas for 15-20 minutes before the final rinse with clean water. Let dry 3 days before coating.
- Fill all joints, cracks, and nail holes with a good quality acrylic caulk such as Energy Seal prior to applying the Sikkens Log and Siding. Make sure to allow adequate time for the Energy Seal to cure before applying the Sikkens Log and Siding.
- Cold Weather Application Warning! Sikkens Log and Siding should not be applied when temperatures are below 50 degrees during the 24 hours prior to and immediately after product application. Failure to follow this guideline can result in the Sikkens Log and Siding getting white and hazy.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO APPLY CETOL LOG AND SIDING FINISH?
Apply 1st coat of Cetol Log & Siding Log & Siding
Stir Cetol Log and Siding well before using
Let surface dry for minimum of 24 hours
Clean tools with paint thinner or mineral spirits spirits
Apply when the surface and air temp is 50°F/10°C to
Saturate all end grains, nail holes and cracks in the
Maintain a wet edge to prevent lap marks
Apply in the direction of the wood grain using a long
natural bristle brush
Back prime any siding (if possible)
WHEN APPLYING CETOL LOG AND SIDING PLEASE REMEMBER…
Apply Cetol Log and Siding only over Sikkens Products
Do not apply when the surface is hot to the touch
Do not apply when dew or frost is present
Do not apply in wet weather
Do not apply when moisture content of the wood is greater than 18%.
IS SIKKENS LOG AND SIDING AVAILABLE IN CANADA?
Sikkens Log and Siding exceeds the current volatile organic content(VOC) requirements of the Canadian government. At this time LogFinish.com cannot export Sikkens Log and Siding to any province in Canada. Nature's Edge is a similar alkyd resin product which can be exported to Canada. Please put nature's Edge in the search box on the site to get further information.
HOW MUCH AREA WILL A GALLON OF CETOL LOG AND SIDING COVER?
On initial applications one gallon of Cetol Log and Siding will cover approximately 200 square feet of resawn siding or about 350 square feet of smooth logs or siding. On initial applications two coats of Cetol Log and Siding is required. Cetol Log and Siding should always be applied at temperatures between 50 and 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
CETOL LOG AND SIDING IS SAFE TO USE!
Cetol Log and Siding is VOC compliant and meets all current state and federal air quality requirements.ir quality requirements.
HOW DO YOU MAINTAIN LOGS ONCE THE HAVE BEEN COATED WITH SIKKENS CETOL LOG AND SIDING FINISH?
Inspect logs and check for any upward facing checks or cracks that can hold water. Fill all checks with Checkmate.
Examine caulking at corners, butt joints, windows and doors and fill any voids with Energy Seal or Super Caulk.
After filling all cracks and checks use Log Wash to clean off the accumulation of environmental dirt and pollen.
A little maintenance goes a long way in keeping your logs and siding beautiful. siding beautiful.
Regular Maintenance Coats:
CAN CETOL LOG AND SIDING BE USED AS A MAINTENANCE COAT
OVER EXISTING CETOL 1 AND 2/3 APPLICATIONS?
HOW IS CETOL LOG AND SIDING SHIPPED??
Cetol Log and Siding is shipped in D.O.T.-approved one gallon pails and five gallon buckets that are packaged in strong corrugated cartons. 99% of all our orders are shipped within 24 hours of order receipt. All shipments are sent via UPS Ground.
HOW DO I ORDER CETOL LOG AND SIDING?
Logfinish.com nationally distributes Sikkens Cetol Log and Siding from our warehouses in North Carolina and California. To order Sikkens Cetol Log and Siding use our secure online order system 24/7 or contact us by phone, fax, or e-mail. Our offices are open Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM Eastern Time. (6:00 AM -4PM Pacific Time)