Hiring a contractor to restore, clean or stain your log home can often be overwhelming. Below is a list of questions to help guide you through the process of selecting a contractor for your log home. As a rule of thumb, ask these questions of at least two contractors and obtain at least two references from each contractor you are considering for the job.
- Are you licensed, bonded and insured? Do you have proof of insurance? May I see the proof of insurance?
- How many years of experience do you have working on log homes?
- Do you have your own team that you have experience working with or do you contract labor out?
- Do you have experience with pressure washing and cleaning log homes before staining? Can you provide me with pictures of other jobs you have completed this task for?
- What stain products do you have experience applying? Can you provide me with pictures of other jobs you have completed this task for?
- Can you provide me with an itemized bid?
- Is your bid an estimate or a fixed price?
- Can you provide me with an estimated time of beginning and ending the project?
To find contractors in your area for log home repair and finishing, head over to our Find a Contractor page.
Are you a contractor who would like to be listed on LogFinish.com? Click here to start the process.