ABR Waterless Fireplace Cleaner is a peelable coating designed to remove soot, dirt and grime from your fireplace surround. This removable coating requires no water for application or removal. ABR Waterless Fireplace Cleaner collects dirt and contaminants and removes them from the surface for easy collection and disposal. ABR Waterless Fireplace Cleaner is a vinyl free, plastic free, biodegradable product for fireplace restoration.
Uses for ABR Waterless Fireplace Cleaner
For use on interior and exterior brick, textured stone, concrete, marble, ceramic, terrazzo, slate, limestone, tile and granite.
- This removable coating requires no water in its application or removal
- The creamy consistency and opaque color of the ABR Waterless Fireplace Cleaner™ allows for an even and “easy to see” application
1 Gallon bucket – Approximately 50-75 sq. ft. per gallon at 1/8” thickness, depending on the porosity of the surface and the contaminants to be removed
- Consistent temperature of 50°F or higher.
- ABR Waterless Fireplace Cleaner™ contains latex (a natural fluid produced by the rubber tree) and may cause allergic reactions in some people
- ABR Waterless Fireplace Cleaner™ should not be applied when the air or surface temperature is below 50°F, or if rain or heavy moisture is forecasted ( for exterior application).
- Do not thin
- Do not apply to carpeting or fabric
- Do not apply to raw, painted, unpainted, stained or varnished wood
- Do not use inside firebox
- Do not use while fireplace is in use. Wait for fireplace to cool completely before starting project.
- User shall determine the suitability of the product for its intended use and assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith.
- A test area should be performed before beginning project to ensure product compatibility with your specific surfaces. Apply in an inconspicuous location and allow to thoroughly dry, then test the ABR Waterless Fireplace Cleaner™ for ease of removal and overall results. This is especially important when temperatures are approaching or above 80°F as the ABR Waterless Fireplace Cleaner™ may cure in only a few hours
- Apply to a dry surface at a consistent temperature of 50°F or higher
- Apply a liberal coat about 1/8” thick around the fireplace door
- Use a roller with a 4, 7, or 9 x 1/2” knit cover, roll a generous amount of ABR Waterless Fireplace Cleaner™ on the rest of the surface.
- Give a thick coat to the edge. This will allow for an easy start to peeling off the dried film. Applications less than 1/8” thick may result in difficulties during removal such as premature tearing of the film.
- The heavy black soot on your fireplace may need to be agitated with a short bristle nylon scrub brush. Work the coating into the surface while wet. Brush or roll a second coat of ABR Waterless Fireplace Cleaner™ over the scrubbed area for a uniform thickness to help aid in removal.
- The ABR Waterless Fireplace Cleaner™ does not require water in its application or removal; however, it is not water incompatible. In very dry climates or on porous surfaces you may find it helpful to agitate a heavily soiled area with a water dampened brush to prevent premature drying.
- Depending on how much product is in the mortar joints, wait 6-12 hours to remove the film. The film must be completely dry before removal begins. Test the thick coat on the edge for complete dryness. Coating must be removed within 72 hours.
- Start at the edge and roll up the film as you go, taking care not to tear. Pull the film off at an angle. 9. When film is completely removed and your work area cleaned of all product, your fireplace can be used.
- Mask off your work area where you will be using the fireplace cleaner. Use drop clothes or plastic sheeting, cover all adjacent surfaces to protect from coating splatter. Use masking tape to adhere a plastic drop cloth around the base of the fireplace.
- Take extra precautions to protect all wood surfaces and fabric/carpet as this product may stain wood and cannot be easily removed from fabric/carpet.
- The heavy black soot on your fireplace may need to be agitated with a short bristle nylon scrub brush.
- Depending on how much product is in the mortar joints, wait 6-12 hours to remove the film. The film must be completely dry before removal begins. Test the thick coat on the edge for complete dryness.
- Coating must be removed within 72 hours.
Clean up & Disposal
- Dispose of all application tools into the trash.
- Dispose of latex film in accordance with local latex paint guidelines.
- Do not pour product down the drain or clean tools in a sink. The product will clog drains.
Store between 50°-100°F. ABR Waterless Fireplace Cleaner™ freezes at 32°F and is no longer be usable.
There are no reviews yet.