What is Cascade Clear Top Coat?
Cascade® is a Clear Top Coat designed to protect the Capture Log Stain and keep your home in picture-perfect shape for years to come. Cascade Clear Top Coat brings out the depth and character of the wood grain while minimizing color shifts in the Capture Log Stain. It is an easy-to-apply water-based formula that makes routine maintenance simple and headache-free. Cascade is easy to maintain. Simply clean the surface and apply a maintenance coat of Cascade Clear Top Coat to bring back that just-stained look.
What are the Advantages of Using Cascade Clear Top Coat?
- Cascade repels water to keep your logs in tip-top shape
- Cascade resists the growth of mold and mildew
- Cascade protects against UV damage
- Cascade won’t discolor chinking: Cascade is clear, so routine maintenance applications won’t affect the color of your chinking or other sealants
- Cascade has easy soap and water clean-up
Cascade Clear Top Coat Product Facts
|Coverage Rate||400 – 600 square feet, per gallon, depending on surface roughness|
|Application Range||40˚F – 90˚F (4° – 32 °C)|
|Available Sheen Types
||Matte and Semi-Gloss|
|Dry Time||30 minutes or less, in ideal weather|
Application Steps for Cascade Clear Top Coat
- Compatibility counts: Cascade Clear Top Coat is formulated for use only with Capture Log Stain.
- Timing matters: Cascade gives Capture Log Stain excellent water and UV resistance. It’s best to apply Cascade Clear Top Coat within 1-2 days after Capture Log Stain has dried in order to ensure proper protection.
- Clean the surface: Dust, pollen, or other contaminants can interfere with Cascade adhesion to the stained surface (and look ugly underneath it if they get trapped there). To remove these contaminants, lightly rinse down surfaces with plain water to remove them, then allow surfaces to thoroughly dry.
- Mix it up properly: Using a squirrel cage type mixer, thoroughly mix Cascade, being sure to scrape all material off the bottom of the pail.
- Air & surface temperatures matter: To allow Cascade to dry and adhere properly to the Capture Log Stain, apply the product when the forecast is predicting clear, rain-free and snow-free weather, with air and wood surface temps of 40° – 90 °F (4° – 32 °C) both during application and for the rest of the day after it has been applied. (This includes overnight temperatures!) If rain can’t be avoided, protect stained surfaces from direct rainfall for 1-2 days after application. Like any wet stain or paint, direct, heavy rain can wash the product off the surface before it has completely dried. (Once dry, Cascade is absolutely water resistant.) Use a surface thermometer to check surface temps.
- Spray it on: Using an airless paint sprayer or pump sprayer, apply one heavy coat of Cascade.
- Semi-Gloss: Follow behind and brush out any runs.
- Matte: Follow behind and lightly back-brush everywhere to ensure even sheen and coverage.
Clean-Up & Storage
Clean up tools and hands with warm water and soap. Leftover product can be stored if the lid is tightly replaced. Store Cascade in moderate temperatures (40° – 90°F [4° – 32°C]).