What is Fence Guard Stain Concentrate?
Fence Guard is a water based, low VOC, alkyd formula stain concentrate from U-C Coatings, specifically formulated for application to wood fences. Fence Guard delivers superior protection against the elements, with fade resistant, high quality pigments and long-lasting water repellency.
With Fence Guard, you mix one part of the Concentrate with two parts water to produce a cost-effective, high quality, penetrating stain for wood fences of all types. Fence Guard Stain Concentrate delivers a semi-transparent finish that allows the beauty of your wood to shine through.
The concentrate is available in four popular colors: Espresso, Cocoa Brown, Western Redwood, and Sierra Cedar. Your application tools and equipment clean up easily with detergent and water.
Fence Guard is a Concentrate!
Fence Guard is concentrated. To create an effective working stain solution, you must dilute it with 2-parts water to 1-part product. 1.5 Gallon of concentrate makes 4.5 gallons of stain. 5 Gallons of concentrate makes 15 Gallons of stain.
What are the Advantages of Fence Guard Stain?
- Ultra-low VOC
- Water-based formula
- Will Not Peel
- Soap & Water Clean Up
- Enhances Natural Grain of the Wood
- UV protection
- Water Repellency
- Resists Fading
What Features Make Fence Guard Unique?
- Ultra-Low VOC Penetrating oil-like finish with easy soap and water cleanup
- Contains no noxious solvents or toxic chemicals
- Excellent adhesion
- Even coverage for cedar, spruce, pine, and fir, and pressure treated wood type fences
- Extends the natural life of wood fencing
- Superior water repellency
- Protects against harmful UV rays
- Resists cracking, peeling, and fading
What Woods Work Best with Fence Guard?
- Pressure Treated Wood
What Colors is Fence Guard Available in?
How Do You Prepare a Wood Surface for Fence Guard?
Our goal with Fence Guard is to deliver a finish with beautiful natural wood color and great longevity. The performance of Fence Guard stain depends primarily on underlying wood surface conditions and proper surface preparation. Completely remove any previously applied stains or sealers, as well as mold and mildew. All surface soil, including oil and or grease stains, should be cleaned off using Seal-Once All Wood Cleaner or X-180 Weathered Wood Restorer.
Scrub heavily discolored before applying Fence Guard. Completely rinse off any Strippers or Cleaners used to prepare the wood for satin. Ensure wood is thoroughly dry before applying Fence Guard.
How Do You Apply Fence Guard?
- Check the weather. Do not apply Fence Guard if rain is expected within 24 hours.
- Apply at temperatures above 45° F (7° C) and below 95° F (35° C).
- Protect any surrounding surfaces from over spray.
- Do an initial test application of the stain in an inconspicuous area. Make sure this is the final color and appearance you want.
- Apply Fence Guard using a brush, roller, garden pump sprayer or an airless sprayer. One generous coat is recommended.
- For extra protection, apply a second coat, but, allow no more than 25 minutes between coats.
The stain should be dry to the touch in under 6 hours, although actual drying time can vary depending on temperature and humidity.
How Do You Clean up Fence Guard?
Painting tools can be cleaned easily with soap and water. Any unwanted drips or stain marks on walkways, plants, etc. should be cleaned up before they dry and can be removed by thorough rinsing of the areas with a garden hose. Light scrubbing may be required in some instances, in conjunction with thorough rinsing.
Any leftover product or diluted working stain solution should be stored in a cool space in an airtight container. Both concentrate and diluted product should be protected from freezing. Concentrate can be stored for re-use for up to 6 months.
What Coverage Can You Expect with Fence Guard?
1.5 gallon jug of Fence Guard Stain Concentrate makes 4.5 Gallons of Ready to Use Stain, and covers 675 square feet.
5 gallon bucket of Fence Guard Stain Concentrate makes 15 Gallons of Ready to Use Stain, and covers 2,250 square feet.
|Fence Guard Size||Water Amount (2:1 Ratio)||Ready to Use Amount||Coverage|
|1.5 Gallon Jug||3 Gallons||4.5 Gallons||675 Square Feet|
|5 Gallon Bucket||10 Gallons||15 Gallons||2,250 Square Feet|
There are no reviews yet.