Uses: Provides a uniform flat surface for the installation of Perma-Chink, Log Jam and other commonly available synthetic chinking products.
- Provides a flat, firm chinking or caulking surface
- Shape and texture allow it to be easily installed without using staples, nails or glue
- Grip Strip is closed cell and repels water. Most open cell products absorb water
- Compatible with all commonly available synthetic chinking
- Exterior and interior application
- Helps prevent blistering of chinking surfaces
- Provides extra insulation against heat loss
- Comes in a variety of width sizes
Specifications for Grip Strip Backer Rod
Grip Strip is ¾ inch back to front with an “R” value of 1.2. Length of all strips is 4 feet, regardless of width. Height or thickness varies from size to size. Typically, Grip Strip ¾ inch, 2 inch, or 5 inch is the width of the product.
For detailed information on installation, request a Log Home Sealant Guide by calling any LogFinish.com customer service representative at 888-208-2248 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the proper Grip Strip size that fits flush with the logs.
Grip Strip Backer Rod is cut to 4 foot length single strips and packaged in 12 x 12 x 50” corrugated cartons.
- ¾” 1200 LF per case
- 1” 960 LF per case
- 1 ¼” 600 LF per case
- 1 ½” 460 LF per case
- 2” 360 LF per case
- 2 ½” 260 LF per case
- 3” 200 LF per case
- 3 ½” 176 LF per case
- 4” 144 LF per case
- 5” 120 LF per case
- 6” 96 LF per case
All orders are shipped by FedEx ground within the continental USA. LogFinish.com ships 99% of all orders within 24 hours of receipt from our warehouse in Western N.C.
There will be a $40.00 across the board freight surcharge for each box of Grip Strip shipped regardless of size. Local pickups would have no surcharge.