Log Boss Timber Fastener Log Screws are log and timber fasteners designed to deliver maximum holding power and superior strength with less installation effort. Each Log Boss Log Screw has 3 full inches of super aggressive thread that provides the grip necessary for pulling even the most difficult logs into place. The larger shank diameter increases the overall strength and pulling power of the log screw.
Specifically designed for the construction of log and timber structures, Log Boss fasteners are rust-resistant, require no pre-drilling and come coated with a lubricant for quick and easy driving. Log Boss Log Screws maintain superior pull-down power without having to use a washer. The hexhead design helps prevent driver slippage. The relief wings located just above the threads act as a reamer allowing the shank of the log screw to rotate much easier and with less friction in the top of the log you are screwing down. Relief wings clear out the splinters created by the thread as the fastener pulls down into the wood.
Uses: Specifically designed for log and timber structures
- Made in USA
- Pre-drilling is not required
- No washer needed
- Hexhead design easily countersinks to maximize pulling power
- Replaces the need for spikes or lag bolts
- Lubrication coating speeds installation time
- Relief wings prevent torque required to drive the screw
- Hexhead design keeps driver from slipping
- Tru-Kote coating exceeds FM4470 corrosion standards
Specifications for Log Boss Log Screws
- Shank Diameter: .213 Inches
- Thread Diameter: .290 Inches
- Thread Length: 3 Inches
- Single Shear Exceeds: 3300 Lbs
- Pullout Exceeds: 1500 Lbs
Significance of Relief Wings
One of the most outstanding features of the Log Boss fasteners is the relief wings located just above the threads. The wings act as a reamer allowing the shank of the log screw to rotate much easier with less friction in the top log you are screwing down. Relief wings clear out the splinters created by the thread as the fastener pulls down into the wood. Without the wings the wood fibers bind up on the shank to the point it becomes difficult to complete driving to the required depth.
- A 1/2 inch electric power drill is recommended.
- For electric drills with adjustable speeds, use the lowest speed setting.
- When using rechargeable drills set the drill on the highest torque setting and lowest speed.
- Always wear eye protection when working with any type fastener and power tool.
Determining the Length of Fastener
- Select a Log Boss Log Screw length that will allow the threads to pass entirely through the first log and thread fully into the second log.
- In general this means that your Log Boss Log Screws should be 3 inches longer than the log being fastened down.
- The reason for this is that in order for the screw to accommodate log movement, it must be anchored only in the bottom log with the head providing pull down pressure on the top log.
- It is better to use a log screw which is a little longer than you need to make sure that the threads will pass completely through the first log.
- Packages include one 5/16” hex head driver.
- Log Boss fasteners are packaged in card board boxes.
Sizes 6” up to 13” are packaged 250 per box.
- 6″ Box (250ea)
- 7″ Box (250ea)
- 8″ Box (250ea)
- 9″ Box (250ea)
- 10″ Box (250ea)
- 11″ Box (250ea)
- 12″ Box (250ea)
- 13″ Box (250ea)
Sizes 14” up to 16” are packaged 150 per box.
- 14″ Box (150ea)
- 15″ Box (150ea)
- 16″ Box (150ea)
All orders are shipped by FedEx ground within the continental USA.
LogFinish.com ships 99% of all orders within 24 hours of receipt from our warehouse in Western N.C.