M-1™ Advanced Mildew Treatment is designed to stop mold, mildew, and algae growth on paints, stains, and coatings. M-1 Advanced Mildew Treatment contains a main active ingredient is a broad-spectrum fungicide (IPBC or 3-iodo-2-propynyl butylcarbamate) and does not alter the color of coatings. M-1 Advanced Mildew Treatment is suitable for use in oil and/or water-based coatings.
M-1 Advanced Mildew Treatment
|Broad Spectrum Protection||Works up to 3 years to prevent mold and mildew|
||No hassle application|
|No Odor, Low VOC’s||One product for interior and exterior application|
|Excellent Freeze/Thaw Stability||No worry storage|
|EPA Registered||Approved for consumer and professional use|
When to Use M-1 Advanced Mildew Treatment
- Structures located on a river, stream, lake or forested areas where little sun reaches the painted or stained surface
- Structures located in moist climates (i.e. Louisiana, Coastal Texas, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Hawaii, Coastal Washington and Oregon)
- Interior of buildings exposed to large amounts of moisture or humidity like bathrooms, spa rooms, greenhouses, and basements
- Previous finishes that have had problems with the growth of mold and mildew
Tips for Best Results
- Eliminate sources of moisture whenever possible. Increase air flow and air circulation.
- The life of exterior coatings will improve substantially by cutting back shrubbery and overhanging tree limbs.
- Install gutters to redirect rainwater away from the surface.
- Interior coatings last longer and stay clean when exhaust fans are functioning properly and air flow is maximized.
How to Mix
- M-1 Advanced Mildew Treatment is designed to control surface mold and mildew and should be used only in the final coat of finish
- Each 7.5 ounce container of M-1 Advanced Mildew Treatment treats up to 5 gallons of paint or stain; it can also be measured out in single gallon doses through the “view finder” strip on the side of the container
- Pour the entire contents of the 7.5 ounce bottle of M-1 Advanced Mildew Treatment into five gallons of paint or stain and shake or stir thoroughly for 2-3 minutes
- Apply the coating per the manufacturer’s directions. It is a violation of Federal law to use
- M-1 Advanced Mildew Treatment in a manner inconsistent with its labeling
Storage of M-1 Advanced Mildew Treatment
Store M-1 Advanced Mildew Treatment with the lid screwed on tight, away from direct sunlight. There is no specific shelf life indicated by the manufacturer for this product.
M-1 is freeze/thaw stable.
M-1 Advanced Mildew Treatment is available for shipment to all 50 states via FedEx Ground.