Outlast® NBS 30™ Time-Released Insect Repellent Additive for Exterior Stains and Paints is designed for use with most exterior coatings. NBS 30 Insect Repellent will repel most ants, cockroaches, beetles, mites, spiders, fleas, ticks, silverfish, dirt daubers, wasps, ladybugs and Carpenter Bees. NBS 30 is not an insecticide; it is an all-natural bug repellent. Applications for NBS 30 range from residential, to commercial applications around wildlife sanctuaries, barns, recreation areas, poultry houses, golf courses, parks, playgrounds and poultry houses. NBS 30 is environmentally friendly, pet and family safe, and all natural.
Product Facts for NBS 30 Insect Repellent
NBS 30 is an insect repellent; not an insecticide. The odor of the product’s ingredients is initially quite strong and very noticeable thus repelling the insects. NBS 30 contains naturally derived plant extracts of:
- Existing insect infestations MUST be treated and eliminated prior to use of this product. For further information on how to do this check out the LogFinish.com Log Blog on Carpenter Bees.
- When mixed with water two or more coats may be required for Carpenter Bee control.
- No repellent product will work 100% of the time. Insects evolve over time and environmental conditions change. NBS 30 is sold on a best effort basis with no warranty, guarantee, or refunds available.
NBS 30 Insect Repellent and Carpenter Bees
NBS 30 is a repellent; not an insecticide. NBS 30’s strong odor repels insects. In addition, treatment of holes drilled by Carpenter Bees as described below is necessary to achieve success with the NBS 30 product.
|To treat with insecticide acquire the following items:
Learn more on our blog post: How to Get Rid of Carpenter Bees
Application Tips for NBS 30 Insect Repellent
- Add entire contents of NBS 30 pint container to 5 gallons of paint or stain for best results.
- Mix according to label directions for use with smaller quantities of paint or stain.
- When used with multiple coats of paint or stain, always mix NBS 30 with the last coat applied.
NBS 30 Insect Repellent and Exterior Coatings
- Sheen, curing time and luster of the coating may be changed slightly and would be most noticeable in white paint.
- High gloss coatings are reduced to semi-gloss.
- NBS 30 is not for use with any Perma Chink Systems water-based exterior products such as Lifeline Advance Satin or Gloss Top Coat.
NBS 30 Insect Repellent and Water
NBS 30 Insect Repellent can be mixed with water and sprayed on any stained or painted wood surface with the exception over Lifeline Advance Top Coat. Mix a one pint container of NBS 30 with five gallons of water and apply with a pump sprayer. When this mixture is applied to wood in an exposed area it is subject to being washed off in a heavy rain. Re-apply as necessary every 30 to 60 days. NBS 30 works best when used as a stain or paint additive because the coating locks the product on to the wood surface.
NBS 30 Insect Repellent is exempt from EPA Regulation under the Federal Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA). When used as directed it is non-phytotoxic and will not harm plants or turf. It is safe for pets and people. Caution: This product is toxic to fish. Keep out of lakes and streams or areas designated for commercial honeybee farming.
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing.
- Avoid breathing vapors or spray mist. NBS 30 is harmful if swallowed.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling NBS 30.
- Remove contaminated clothing and wash clothing before reuse.
- Persons handling concentrate are recommended to wear protective eyewear and chemical resistant gloves made of neoprene, nitrite or natural rubber.
- When used in confined spaces prolonged exposure to the fragrance may be objectionable to some individuals.
NBS 30 Insect Repellent is available for shipment to all 50 states via FedEx.