Outlast KleenStart is part of CTA Products Group that manufactures Outlast Q8 Log Oil. Outlast KleenStart is gentle to wood fibers (unlike harsh chlorine treatments). Great for anything wood or vinyl that requires deep down cleaning or brightening. Outlast KleenStart is the preferred cleaner on new construction when Outlast Q8 Log Oil will be applied or cleaning prior to applying a maintenance coat of Outlast Q8 Log Oil.
Uses: Both wood and vinyl siding, decks, roofs (wood, composite and tile) tents, full logs, outdoor furniture and fences. Loosens stains caused by mildew and mold for easy rinsing.
- Contains 100% percarbonate. No fillers added!
- Interior and exterior use
- Removes mill glaze
- Gently lightens grayed UV damaged wood
- Brightens and cleans
- Water thin solution- flows easily with a pump-up garden sprayer
- Easily rinses off by garden hose or low pressure washer. No “slick bleach type” residue requiring excessive rinsing.
Higher yield of product when mixed with hot water.
1 Quart Cleans up to 1,200 square ft. when diluted
1 Gallon Cleans up to 4,500 sq. ft. when diluted. Contains about 14.25 cups of granules. Mix ¼ -1/3 cup granules with 1 gallon hot or cold water.
- Initially wet down landscaping to dilute any overspray mist that might come in contact with plants. Wet down again at project completion to prevent spotting of foliage.
- Outlast KleenStart has a mild “bleaching” action which will change wood color slightly as it cleans. Test the effect of the solution in a small area.
- Use hot water when possible, this yields more product and dissolves better.
- Do not mix more concentrate than can be used within 4 hours. Diluted product must be freshly mixed to be effective.
- Mix quart size jar into 5 gallons of fresh tap water or 8 gallons of hot water.
- For smaller batches mix ¼ to 1/3 cup granules per gallon water.
KleenStart may not completely dissolve in water with certain mineral content and cooler water temperatures. I.E. product mixed in very cold water will normally have a bit of residue remaining on the bottom of the bucket. If so, simply filter the liquid prior to pouring into a pump-up or other sprayer to prevent clogging.
Brush, pump-up garden sprayer or roll onto surface until wet.
- Allow liquid to sit for approximately 10 minutes to loosen soil and debris.
- Re-wet if it dries.
- Use nylon bristle brush to further loosen surface debris.
- Rinse clean with garden hose or pressure washer until water is clear.
- Re-apply a second treatment to initially unresponsive, heavily discolored areas.
- If wood is very gray from UV damage, consider X-180 Weathered Wood Restorer.
Pump up sprayer
- Lightly scrub with nylon bristle brush if needed.
- Rinse with clean cloths/ towels dipped often in fresh clean water until rinse water from walls is clear.
- Factory suggest testing Kleen Start first on cultured (manmade) stone.
- Contains Sodium Percarbonate. Do not allow powder to contact eyes. Use of goggles while pouring or mixing is highly recommended.
- Incidental skin contact should pose no health threat, but as with all chemicals, the use of rubber or neoprene gloves is recommended.
Storage and Disposal
- Store in cool, dry location.
- Can be harmful to fish and other wildlife. Use in such a way that runoff does not contact streams or open waterways.
Click here for this product’s Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
There are no reviews yet.