Prelude Clear Wood Primer (formerly Prelude After Blast) is used with Perma-Chink System’s Lifeline brand stains. One coat of Prelude Clear Wood Primer seals bare, porous or rough wood surfaces. Prelude is highly recommended following the use of blast media to remove old finishes. This process opens the wood pores creating an uneven color application during staining. Prelude provides the foundation to restore consistent color and a uniform finished appearance with Lifeline brand stains.
Product Type: Water-based formula
Uses: Rough cut siding, old porous wood, media blasted and pressure washed surfaces, areas where wood has been replaced and other interior or exterior wood surfaces
- A clear primer for use with Lifeline brand stains on porous wood surfaces
- Not for use as a primer for any oil or waterborne oil based finishes
- Reduces the amount of stain required to cover a surface
- Contains UV Boost for additional UV protection against fading and graying
- Prevents over absorption of pigmented stain
- Helps eliminate blotches and streaks
- Retards graying due to sunlight (UV) exposure
- Prelude is a primer and should never be used as a final finish.
Product Facts for Prelude Clear Wood Primer
- Check for signs of deterioration and decay.
- Remove and replace or repair deteriorated wood.
- Unsound wood should be repaired prior to applying Prelude.
- All surfaces should be free from discolorations and contaminates including media grit, dirt, dust, grayed wood, mold and mildew, old finishes, water repellents and wax.
- Borate applications such as Shell-Guard Concentrate, Shell-Guard RTU, or Armor-Guard must be accomplished before applying Prelude per product label directions.
- If more than one week has passed since the exterior has been cleaned or borate treated, wash down the surface of the logs with Log Wash, rinse well and allow to dry before applying Interior surfaces should be clean and dry.
- Stir thoroughly before and regularly during use.
- Apply by brush or airless sprayer.
- Do not apply when surface temperature is below 40° Fahrenheit or above 90° Fahrenheit.
- Do not apply in direct sunlight or to hot surfaces.
- Although Prelude is clear, back brushing is required to work the product into the wood and assure complete coverage of the surface.
- Once Prelude has dried (typically 2-4 hours depending on weather conditions) you will be ready to apply any water-based Lifeline brand stain following product directions.
- Clean area and equipment immediately with warm, soapy water.
- To remove Prelude that has dried, soften with alcohol or mineral spirits and then clean with warm water.
- Please do no pollute our environment. Dispose of containers and unused material in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
Shipped by FedEx throughout continental USA.