Waterproof your exotic wood with Seal-Once™ Exotic Premium Wood Sealer. Seal-Once Exotic Premium Wood Sealer is a high performance, toxin free, environmentally friendly sealer formulated for exterior and interior use on all properly prepared, unsealed exotic wood surfaces including Teak, Ipe, Mahogany, Cumaru, Garapa, Brazilian Cherry, Walnut, Tigerwood, Rosewood, and more. Spend less time maintaining your wood surfaces and save money over time by investing in Seal-Once Exotic Premium Wood Sealer.
Product Type: Water based formula
Uses: Decks, Railings, Siding, Fences, Planters, Outdoor Furniture, Play Structures, & Saunas.
- Non-Toxic, Zero VOCs – Safe for the Environment
- Long lasting, deep penetrating bond protects against mold & mildew stains
- For all exotic wood exterior and interior surfaces
- UV stable
- Water-Based, Odorless, Non-Flammable, Non-Combustible and Will Not Burn Skin
- Will not harm pets, plants or livestock
- Penetrates and absorbs to form a flexible polymer becoming part of the cellular structure of the wood
- Helps prevent wood from cracking, splitting and warping
- Clear formula allows Exotic wood to naturally age without deterioration.
- Cannot evaporate or wash away
- Clear formula does not require reapplication for over 5-6 years on horizontal surfaces and 9-10 years on vertical surfaces. Reapply only in worn areas that may have removed the polymer by foot traffic
- Saves time and money
- Non-film forming
- Easy soap and water clean up
|Size||Smooth 1st Coat||Smooth 2nd Coat||Rough Sawn 1st Coat||Rough Sawn 2nd Coat|
|1 Gallon||200 square feet||250 square feet||100 square feet||150 square feet|
|5 Gallon||1000 square feet||1250 square feet||500 square feet||750 square feet|
Please note: Actual coverage will vary due to porosity of the wood on which it is applied. In cases where Seal-Once Exotic Premium Wood Sealer is applied to very dry, weathered or media blasted wood 3 coats may be necessary.
Product Facts for Seal-Once Exotic Premium Wood Sealer
|Application Temperature||40°F and 90°F|
|Surface Preparation||X-180 Weathered Wood Restorer is recommended to deep clean and prepare bare surfaces prior to applying Seal-Once Exotic Premium Wood Sealer.
Apply Seal- Once Exotic only to clean, dry, bare wood surfaces that are Free of Mold and Mildew. The Moisture Content of the wood should be 22% or Below.
|Frequency||Will prevent water from soaking into wood surface for 6-10 years on vertical surfaces and 4- 6 years on horizontal surfaces
Re-apply as needed
|Special Instructions||Stir thoroughly and periodically|
|Dry Time||2-3 hours depending on temperature|
Seal-Once Exotic Premium Wood Sealer is a two coat product. Applying less than two coats will greatly affect the durability and longevity of the product.
- Weather Conditions during Application
- Do not use if air or surface temperature is below 40°F / 4.44°C
- Do not apply in rain or when rain is imminent
- For best results apply in the shade and out of direct sunlight.
- If applying in direct sunlight and wood is hot, spray with a mist of water and apply Seal-Once Exotic Premium Wood Sealer immediately on dampened surface.
- Seal-Once Exotic Premium Wood Sealer will not provide UV Protection.
- Seal-Once Premium Wood Sealer is a two-coat application on clean, dry, bare wood with moisture content below 22%. Any less than two coats will lead to greatly
- decreased durability.
- Wood already coated with Seal-Once Exotic Premium Wood Sealer, requires one maintenance coat depending on weathering. Please see the Seal-Once Premium Wood Sealer Maintenance section for more details.
- Always follow application procedures on container.
- Buy sufficient product for the whole job and intermix multiple containers together before starting to ensure color uniformity.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Stir periodically during application.
- Do not thin.
- Back prime all siding with 1 coat of Seal-Once Exotic Premium Wood Sealer if possible to protect against checking.
- Coat all end grains with Seal Ends Once™ prior to applying tinted Seal-Once Premium Wood Sealer for best results.
- Apply two coats with a brush, pump up sprayer, air assisted or airless sprayer with .017″ – 019″ tip size. Do not roller apply. Brush out any puddles.
- Apply 2nd coat within 1-2 hours or more of 1st coat depending on temperature. 1st coat should be dry to the touch.
- On very porous, aged or media blasted wood a 3rd coat may be necessary.
- Clean tools with soap and warm water.
- Store at above 32° F and keep from freezing.
Regular maintenance and annual attention to your exotic wood can save you money and time. Proper maintenance starts with visual inspection. Weather, exposure and altitude may vary, so maintenance may be needed sooner than later in some locations.
Seal-Once Exotic Premium Wood Sealer, is a water-based stain which can be shipped everywhere in the United States via FedEx. Seal-Once™ is shipped as a clear base product in one and five gallon plastic pails. LogFinish.com ships most orders the same day when they are placed by 1:00 EST.